Thursday, February 18, 2010

Waiting

Today God woke me up and started me on my way, for which I am thankful.

Tuesday in Haiti, Bro Chuck helped make abt 2400 sandwiches to pass out. Yes that is correct many people still are not receiving anything frm the earthquake relief effort. I can not help but wonder what is the problem. The US military can storm beaches and set up towns, move hundreds, even thousands of pieces of artillery and tanks halfway around the world in a matter of days. Yet many of the people of Haiti are stilling waiting 5 1/2 weeks later.

Believe me, I understand the obstacles and hinderances of trying to get things done in Haiti. Still I can not help my self from asking "What's the problem and how can it be fixed" The only answer that comes to mind is PRAYER.

Bro Chuck traveled to Jacmel yesterday, not as much damage there as PAP. On the way to Jacmel you pass through a town called Leogane. He reports that Leogane is demolished, very few bldg still standing. Happy to hear St Croix hospital was still intact.

I feel like I am rambling today, as I sat here anxiously WAITING for the news that Bro. Chuck is on an airplane headed home. Tommorrow flights are suppose to start flying.

Please pray for his strength, it has been a long hard journey. Both mentally and physically, but I know he would not have been able to sit here in the US WAITING to hear. He had to go see for himself, and do something to help.

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

www.libertytab.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometime waiting is the hardest part but it makes the end result so much sweeter.