Friday, February 12, 2010

Loving God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind

This blog site is not intended to be a pulpit, but a information source for the earthquake relief effort. However this morning I feel this is important.

Mark 12:30 (King James Version)

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

As a pastor I hear christians in America talk abt how much they love God; proclaiming He is first in their lives.

Well this morning I want to tell u abt some people that live this verse. The little village of Laccolline, Haiti in the mountains near Leogone, almost all structures are on the ground. Just large piles of rumble, the houses in this area were small and most would not even qualify as a good garden shed in US. However it was where they loved their spouses, raised their children, laughed and cried together with their families. When the earthquake hit, they were left without anything, just a pile of rumble.

There is a church in Laccolline, which like everything else is gone. But the point of my rambling this morning. I waited anxiously yesterday for Bro Chuck to report in on the condition of church,pastor and members of the congregation. As I began to hear of the devastation and destruction, my heart began to be heavy. There have been NO aid workers, or food, or assistance of any kind. Then my heart leaped within me, when he began to tell me abt the makeshift church they had already built.

The members of this little church with no where to lay their own heads, had taken palm leaves, salvaged what tin the could from the rumble and built a place for them to come and worship God. That is truly putting God first. It also made me weep for American christians. We could learn abt loving God frm these people. They have nothing, but give what they have to God. Next time we say we love God, we need to think abt how much are we willing to put him first.

We must rebuild a proper bldg for these CHRISTIANS and I do not use that term lightly.

Apologize for the long post.

Pastor D

No comments: